Monday, March 2, 2009

AQC and breeding season

Well last week turned out to be busy. The day job got in the way of crafting and then I got to do something completely different on Friday. I worked on one of the stalls at the Australasian Quilt Convention which was held here in Melbourne last week. I enjoyed being there and the opportunity to talk to lots of creative people. The main feature of AQC is the amazing quilts in the displays. I really appreciate all the work which the artists put into their exhibits, they are just amazing, you can tell I can't find the words to decribe how completely in awe I am of these creators and what they achieve with fabric, paint and thread, oh yeah with beads and buttons thrown in for good measure. Just for a change of pace last week I began work on a cross stitch kit which has been in the cupboard for just a few years. I used to do a lot of cross stitch when I travelled regularly as it is compact and kits are perfect as everything is together. I have a couple still in the cupboard or the warehouse as a friend recently described the room in my house where most of the craft stuff lives. I will take a photo just as soon as it starts to look like something? Today I got to work on some Easter projects and I feel like the rabbits keep on breeding, it started out as one or two but somehow there are more than that in progress. I don't have any photo's yet as they are still in progress and I ran out of daylight, maybe tomorrow will be another sewing day? Happy Crafting

No comments: