Thursday, September 17, 2009

Making Progress

Two dolls no longer have cold feet! Though the one on the right is still undressed so my guess is she's feeling cold about now as it is very damp here this evening. I have been practicing 'Needle Turn Applique' - well kind of - I know this is not really that technique but I like the running stitch detail. I used more of the recycled Denim for the Journal cover.
These gorgeous designs from Natalie at Cinderberry Stitches have been sewed to the main fabric ready for making into something fun for my Secret stitcher.
And this was the first Stitchers Angel project stitchery from Helen at Hugs and Kisses who is also the Swap Hostess. Here it is ready to be finished into a fun project.
Another stitchery from Gail Pan's free block of the month. As I was convinced the light colour which I used on the Believe stitchery was DMC 680, I asked Jindi's mum to pick one up for me on her way to visit last weekend. When I completed this block I realised it was lighter than the colour I used on the first one. A trip to Spotlight yesterday rectified the problem - the colour is DMC 167, the other colours I used are also DMC 610 and 924.
Of course all these beginnings mean I may just have a whole lot of finishes soon, but I wouldn't count on it!
Make sure you go over and say hello to the nine Australian designers who have come together on this new blog - Among the Gum Trees. Oh, and check out the links to the individual blogs where they are all hosting a giveaway until the end of September to celebrate the blog launch.
Happy Crafting

4 comments:

Jantine said...

I am not being satisfied with only a picture of feet ;-). I desperately want to see them whole!

Unknown said...

I'm always amazed at how much you achieve , don't you sleep ? Beautiful things !

Barb said...

Love your stitchery....would love to see the rest of the dolls...

Jindi's Cottage said...

Bet those toes are happy to finally be warm!!