Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunshine and Bright Colours

The sun came out yesterday and I played with these lovely bright colours in the sewing room. I just love when I can complete a project or two - okay they were small - from my stash. The old fashioned bias binding came from my Grandmothers stash and is probably a relic from the '70's as it was still in the celophane packet and marked 25c for 6 metres. It was the perfect colour for one of my projects.
I made this triangle pouch from a tutorial I found here. Super cute and way too easy, I am thinking Christmas wrapping here, yes there will be lots more in various sizes.
I know you have seen this before but I finally managed to take an outside photo of it hanging and not blowing around too much.
Hope the weekend is a good one wherever you are.
Happy Creating

5 comments:

Leah said...

Those pouches are handy, and im just loving your quilt. Im sure it will take pride of place at your place this christmas.

Serenata said...

Love the pouch - that material looks familiar ;-)

Anonymous said...

The pouch is really cute. A great link, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Mistea,
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog and leaving such lovely comment! I love to hear from you!
Maybe one day I will be as talented as you are with fabric - wishful thinking! I love the quilt and the little pouch - great idea for little gifts :)
Have a great rest of the week!

Jantine said...

Love the triangel pouch, that is exactly what I need for my next gift!