Thursday, November 19, 2009

Feeling a lot like Christmas...

I made these two Christmas themed bucket bags, great to use instead of gift wrapping. I like the way the Angels turned out - I borrowed the idea from a simple papercraft Angel garland project which was published in our Saturday paper last weekend. I just traced around the template and sewed around it twice with the sewing machine. And two little fabric dishes for holding yummies - oh yeah, I ate the yummies I bought for the photo's before I took them, best go get some more!.
Back to the angels the template is made using this Fiskars flowers template -the bell shaped petal becomes the dress, the small circle is the head and the larger of the apostrophe shaped petals makes the wings. I already had the template which has seen lots of use in papercraft projects but was glad to be able to use it for Christmas decorating too.
Now I've done the containers, best get on and make some presents.
On another note hop on over to Earthgirl Fabrics as she is having a sale and the prices are good! And no shipping charges for us in Oz. I'll show you what I ordered when it arrives.
Hope everyone has had some time this week for some Christmas creating. Happy Creating

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking very jolly ! Now don't eat the next lot of goodies , not today anyway ...

Anonymous said...

Clever multi tasking of papercraft tool. Mmmm, why am I not surprised the yummies didn't make it to the photo. The fabric dishes are a great idea.

Unknown said...

I love the bucket bags! They are so cute :o)