Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Not Sure..

what's happening here?- I have been sewing straight lines and that just isn't my thing - don't look too close - they probably are not straight after all. Saturday I took a little trip to spend the day with Jindi's mum with the intention of accomplishing some sewing - just this once I was successful - there are 12 of the 9 patch blocks which I constructed all by myself, after commenting that I had never made a 9 patch block. Then there was some fun to be had creating applique owl blocks. We adapted a softie pattern and came up with this. She really is quite cute and using some of the embroidery stitches on my machine I was able to put together 6 of these.
Almost done - just need to finish the eyes and put borders on these blocks and they will be ready to go to their destination.
I'm off to the beach shortly for the fireworks that conclude the celebrations in my suburb.
Hope your Australia Day was a good one.
Happy Crafting

3 comments:

Serenata said...

Straight lines?! Well done ;-)

Love the owl, an excellent idea adapting a softee pattern.

CJ said...

Mistea,
I just LOVE this lil' owl!!! and the others you and Jindi created :) sooo cute!! I wish I could have joined this swap, but I need to get caught up with other "stuff" :(
Hugz,
Cathy ♥♥

Jossie said...

The liones look straight to me Mistea.
What a cute little owl you made. I love it. Very clever to use a softy pattern. Never thought of that.