Sunday, June 13, 2010

Playing with yarn

I got busy and made some stars from Michelle's pattern printed in Notebook June 2010.

Look see a nice stack - what can it be?

A pretty scarf for MS -J.

The yarn is a soft to touch tencil and acrylic mix in really gorgeous golden brown tones, but the lack of natural light lately makes everything look dull.

After seeing this pattern made up around blogland, I knew I had to give it a go and had just the right yarn in my stash to make it in.

I used Cleckheaton Studio - mohair mix - in the most gorgeous deep purple.

South Bay Shawlette pattern free from Lion Brand yarns.

Other fine examples in blogland by Leah and Michelle.

Just the right weather for playing with yarn, got some more hooky goodness happening here.

As it is a long weekend there may even be some activity in the sewing room later.

Happy Creating

5 comments:

marina said...

what gorgeous crocheting!

Jantine said...

Love the shawl, the color is magnificent. I bet it will be very warm, sewing with a shawl on your shoulders ;-)

Shay said...

Love the scarf Mistea. So pretty and different.

Enjoy your long weekend. (Or what is left of it)Looks like it's been a creative one.

Unknown said...

Those two projects turned out fantastic... I love the color... I am so jealous that you know how to do this hooky stuff :)
M

Teresa said...

I just love the scarf!!! I have a bit of a scarf fetish I think, but this is just so unusual and gorgeous. Also loving the shawl... so clever