Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Presents

So here is my Secret Santa package waiting patiently for the big day isn't he a cutie?

I have been sewing some presents at last - I may even have some ready before Christmas Day.
These cuties are adorning a pillow case for Miss11.

A little fussy cutting and a matching garden theme print.

My version of the Daylesford Buds bag pattern that I received at the Daylesford retreat this year - okay so I just used the shape and pretty fabric and omitted the applique - this is a good sized bag.

Ooh and Melly was generous enough to supply a matching pouch pattern - I made it from the same pretty fabric to match. These are off to Miss14.

Then I gave Nomee a well earned rest and sat in the comfy chair and did a little stitching.
This was a free design from Gail Pan in 2009, can't decide which colour is my favourite, may just try a few more colours.

Oooh and the Santa's mail elves brought me another present.
My mug rug from Leah's swap came from Canberra - thanks to who ever my secret swapper is.
It has two patchwork sides and is in my favourite round shape and came with fabric - perfect.
The front

and the back.

Just perfect for a morning or afternoon cuppa.

Now I need to get back to my needles and thread, plenty more projects lined up.

Have a Fantastic Tuesday.

11 comments:

Jindi's Cottage said...

Whew.....a lot of activity happening in your loungeroom...lucky Misses, nice pressies you've got done there...think the new mug rug needs a cuppa to test it out...

Barb said...

What a fun post....just love it all....you have been busy!!

Doris Sturm said...

what cheerful and pretty sewing projects you have! Makes the holidays even brighter ;-) Wishing you a very merry Christmastime!

BubzRugz said...

Such happy projects... I love the stitched trees.... I wonder what you will make.... and what other colours are coming??
Hugz

Serenata said...

I like the red tree, but I'm sure you will also try a blue! ;-)

Cute mug rug, I like that it has been done as a circle, makes a change from the usual rectangle type shape.

Great gifts - are they for your nieces?

Happy sewing!

Shay said...

Wow...where did all this activity spring from?

It all looks so lusciously lovely I dont know what to look at first - for the second time!

Jossie said...

Lovely post Mistea. Very pretty projects and the kitty pillow is so adorable.

MissyMack said...

Oh I love that kitty fabric! Aren't they just so cute. Looks like you have been very busy lately!

Jantine said...

YOu have been busy! I really love the bag and pouch. Lucky miss 14!

marina said...

Your hand made gifts are just beautiful.
Love your stitcheries in both colours, they are really sweet.
I am going to have to make a mug rug these holidays!

Relish said...

Hi there - I'm so sorry I forgot to include a note with your mug rug from Leah's swap - the Christmas crazy has caught up with my brain! I also forgot to take photos of the finished product! Anyway, glad to see it arrived safely! Jxx