Saturday, June 11, 2011

Presenting Evidence

that I remember how to stitch.
This became...

this coaster.

The instructions said to use the thread and fabric enclosed, it didn't say I couldn't add to it.
Last Saturday at Daylesford Craft Experience I stitched this gorgeous design from Kristen Doran - very easy as it was printed on the fabric all I needed to do was choose colours and thread the needle.

Oh and most of the red you see is printed, I am not that neat at stitching.
One day I will include it in something, but for now it is stitched.
Lots of other gorgeous designs to dream about creating but no further action in the sewing room at this time.
I have been busy with hook and yarn again this week and will have some things to show soon.
Have a fabulous weekend - hope the sun shines on you where ever you may be.

8 comments:

marina said...

Your mystery project turned out really well. Very cute. The Kristen
Doran piece looks great too. You chose the colours well.

Maria said...

I think your stitchery's look lovely Mistea.

Barb said...

Your stitchery looks wonderful to me....

Chocolate Cat said...

I wondered what you would do with the square and thread! Wow! It looks great. I love your stitching, especially the colors.

Shay said...

Love your work Mistea. Sounds like Daylesford was full of inspiration.

It's been more inspiration than action here this week so Im glad you've been busy with hook and yarn. Cant wait to see the resultant creativity.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love your stitcheries...you did have me wondering with that first block...very cute. I enjoyed Daylesford when we visited a few years ago. It's such a pretty spot.
Look forward to seeing your yarn projects.

Doris Sturm said...

Nice stitching, Mistea...I've not stitched for decades...

The sun's shining on us every day relentlessly ;-) We are hiding in the house with the air on - too hot for Gizy and me!

Have a great weekend!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Nice choice with the square of fabric and thread...a coaster is always useful...
Your Kristen project is looking good...it's fun to see how they all turned out different with the choices of the stitcher...