Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Un-ravelling Along


The past week has been as much about backwards as forwards - the knitting has progressed and I'd like to say Done on the Vest but there is something very wrong with the neck band so there will be more un-knitting on this one. The pattern is perfect for this yarn and I know I will fix that neck real soon. It is a gift for a young man who is about to turn 5 - a deadline in the very near future will see me get this done.



The Shell Cowl is coming along nicely after there was some resizing and a whole new start on the weekend.
Unfortunately I was too lazy to unravel the entire thing and am working from old one to the new one - after not doing any hooking for a couple of days I picked it up and started working on the one I was supposed to be unravelling.
I really should concentrate more when I resume my projects and there would be less Un!




Joining in with the knit along over at Small things.
Hope there is some woolly goodness in your week.

11 comments:

Maria said...

Oh no nothing worse than un-knitting or unpicking..

Jossie said...

How annoying! The V neckline is always a bit difficult but I am sure you finally get it right.

marina said...

shame having to unravell.
You need to mark the new cowl, you don't want to be toing and fro-ing too much or you'll have crocheted the equivalent of three cowls!

Fiona said...

the vest is great.... but a fixed V will perfect it.... perfect for this cooler weather... I did laugh at your unravelling and then working on the wrong one....
Hugz

Conservative Knit Mom said...

I have learned that vests aren't as easy as you think they will be. I love the cable and the color is one of my favorites. I love your cowl--it looks so squishy and warm.

Cheryl said...

I'm avoiding anything with neckbands at the moment. One part of knitting that I find hardest to get right. Hope you get it done on time.

Shay said...

un-anything is one of the most annoying things you can have to do !

The cowl looks wonderful. I could use one of those this morning. Its getting harder and harder to get out of bed.

heather said...

You weren't kidding about being in the unraveling boat! Ugh!! Hope things move again for you this week! :-)

Karen said...

oh.my.

I love the color of the vest - hope the neck doesn't give you any more problems.

blessings
Karen

Jindi's Cottage said...

Arggghh...the "un"...hope it packs up and leaves soon so that neckband and cowl are soon done...

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I've heard that frogging a crochet project is much easier than with knitting. I tried knitting a couple of times but just could not get the hang of it. Your vest looks great. I'm sure you will figure out the neck band. I haven't been able to focus on much the past couple of weeks. Finally worked on very small projects over this weekend. Have a great day. Tammy