Thursday, October 3, 2013

Partners...

for two socks.
While I really want to cast on another sock I am focussing on making a match for these two that have been lonesome for the past month.
The purple is the second of the 'Twisted Drops' socks which I started as a test knit in August, by the end of the first sock all those twists had made my hands/wrists sore. The designer has a note at the end to be adventurous and make a mirrored sock for the other foot, I took this option as it is less stressful on my hands doing the majority of the twists left rather than right. It is coming along nicely now that I sorted the mistake which required a little going backwards.

I've done a bit more since the pictures were taken and am now working on the heel.
This is close to right colour
The burgundy sock is a dress sock for the Father, fortunately he is not the kind who gets upset about delayed presents, though he does make a fuss if I don't make something.
I'm still reading the same book too! I knew the small writing would slow me down but I have been listening to audio books in the past few weeks. Finished audio books include 'The Horses' by Tim Winton, 'Does my Head look big in This' by Randa Abdel-Fattah and 'Where the Streets Had a Name' also by Randa Abdel-Fattah. All of which were very entertaining, perfect for listening while knitting.

Joining the yarn along late this week.

Hope your Friday is a colourful one.


2 comments:

Michelle M. said...

That burgundy is gorgeous! I would like to start listening to books on tape because when I am in the middle of a crochet project I do not read as much.

Shay said...

More loveliness...I suspect the reason you had to put these on hold for a little while is because you were being creative making socks for someone down south!