Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Inspired

Last weekend I went to the Australasian Quilt Convention and though there has not been much stitching happening here recently I really enjoy seeing the work of the talented artists who can work magic with fabric and thread.
This was the 10th year of AQC and the challenge theme was 10. Lots of very creative entries were displayed showing the individuals interpretation of this theme. The standard was very high and I have no idea how the judges decide which ones are the best, I really had a hard time choosing a favourite but this entry titled, Ten in my Tank today, by Jill Hessing appealed to my sense of humour. See the Cheeky Kitty.

Titled: Ten in my tank today by Jill Hessing

Though I have no need for any more fabric until I start sewing lots of things again I did pick a little yarn.
Pediboo Sock, a wool and bamboo yarn, in a lavender colourway.

Lucky I have been knitting and crocheting all the things recently as I attended the Official opening of Unwind Craft Cafe on Friday evening and won a Bendigo Woollen Mills voucher so new yarn will be coming to live at my house real soon. Well as soon as I decide which colours I really need. Ha

Wishing you a wonderful Tuesday evening.

6 comments:

Maria said...

Love the fishy quilt..
Nice yarn too.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I love art quilts. So much detail. Yay for winning. Wool is always a welcome gift. Best wishes, Tammy

Shay said...

There were a lot of art quilts at AQC weren't there ? Some of them were just brilliant . I've come home with ahead bursting full of inspiring thoughts. Thank goodness we have a long weekend coming up so I can get them out of my head.

I wish I'd thought to let you know I was coming over - we could have caught up!

Fiona said...

how amazing is that tank of fish.... and the kitty.... pretty yarn you found...
Hugz

Anita said...

Wow! That fish quilt is full of detail, and lovely colours. Someone is very patient. Love your yarn as well. Happy knitting or crocheting.
Cheers, Anita.

Katherine said...

Congrats on your voucher and happy shopping.