Monday, September 22, 2014

Sunshine, blue skies and knitting...

a perfect start to the school holidays here.


My weekend was spent mostly with knitting friends - which allowed me to work on getting some of those partners almost finished. Just the ends to weave in on this pair.
Saturday afternoon while at Unwind Craft Cafe with friends I finished the second of the Twisting mitts in Bendigo Woollen mills, Luxury 4 ply, Aquarium. This mitt may be my favourite yet. The pretty design is quite elastic making it suitable for a range of hand and wrist combinations.

Not wanting to rest at one for too long, I cast on the second of the Icy Flames mitts and have this one almost done after a little Sunday outing for more knitting with friends. Just the thumb ribbing to go now. 
Bendigo woollen mills Athena - wool/silk/bamboo mix, 4 ply in Ice Blue, (not whatever colour I called it last time).

This yarn is delightfully soft to knit with and perfect for this type of lace pattern that requires my full attention as every one of the 24 pattern rows is different.
The second red/orange twisting mitt is well on its way now too, though the first one will undergo a little surgery soon. I have a limited quantity of this yarn so they will need a shorter cuff. They will still be warm and cosy for when the cooler weather comes back, in a couple of days.

Hope your week is off to a great start and you get some time to relax in the sunshine.

7 comments:

kymann said...

Your knitting output puts me to shame! All mitts are lovely!

Wendy said...

Beautiful photo of the beach. Your knitting is is gorgeous, I love the cables.

karen said...

look at all the sunshine in your photos! lovely, you've been a busy crafting bee :) I really love the red!

Maria said...

Sounds perfect for holidays. enjoy!

mamasmercantile said...

Wow, impressive you are certainly going at some speed, your needles must be red hot. Well done.

Shay said...

Love your beach shot. The weather here has been lovely for the past few days but Im afraid we're in for a little rain this week too.

My ! You have been busy with your knittery!

Fiona said...

weather looks lovely and the knitting even lovelier....
Hugz